Ouvrages d'une Acadienne

Ouvrages d'une Acadienne
Expo-Couverte Quilt Show

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Another successful show....and a special visit


Our show was a great success thanks in part to the guild members who  volunteered their time all week. Thanks to the hundreds of visitors who came to see the display in our little Acadian corner. The excitement was built up all week and on Friday a very special  guest drove the 6 hour drive to visit the show. Karen Neary and hubby. Soooooo good to see them both. I just wish we would have had more time. Oh well October will soon be here for her workshop "Roundabout" to which  I am registered.
Now on to the show :
     This was a favourite of the younger generation Made by Aurore
 Made by member of the guild Claudette.
 Made by guild member, Denise.
 This was the quilt I donated for the lottery.Made in the Garden Party by Blackbird an Andover pattern.
 This quilt in mint condition is 125 years old
 Another guild member Blanche made this one
 This is another popular one of the younger quilters made by Aimee another member
 Member Jeannette made this one,
 Rayna made this one .. machine embroidery.
 One of my creations... a Kim Diehl for Buggy Barn.
 My sister Simone, member of the guild made this one.. I must say it is one of my favourite .. because I made it also.
 Member Elaine made this one...
 Member Alice made this one
Another of my sister's, Simone.The hand quilting in this quilt is absolutely gorgeous


And the venue is perfect... under surveillance by GOD...

4 comments:

  1. Another absolutely wonderful show Joan....you did an awesome job! I always love to see all the quilts on the pews in your church...what an amazing setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts! The view from the balcony is amazing! Great job by your entire quild.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan, the show was simply incredible; having the quilts displayed in that beautiful sanctuary was breathtaking. It was well worth the long drive and I hope I can come again another year. I also enjoyed talking with you and hearing all the wonderful things your guilde is initiating to carry on the quilting tradition in your area. Amazing!
    Thank you to you, Elaine, and Simone (the other Simone!) for the warmth and hospitality; we felt very welcomed.

    ReplyDelete